Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Abnormal Summit Episode 29 English Subtitles

Guest: Park Chul Min, a Korean actor
Topics: Rage in society, between individuals, gestures that are forbidden in countries, hot topics around the world, how to deal with rage

Dailymotion:
Part 1   Part 2



My thoughts: 
I'm not going to recap the episodes like I did with ep 20-28 since I did those recaps before I started subbing.

I didn't really think that rage was a problem until I saw this episode because where I live, no one really seems to have a problem with controlling anger. The topics was also less "serious," in my opinion, compared to the other topics from previous episodes like the death penalty.

The most memorable part of the episode was the last part, when they were talking about forgiveness. I agree with Sam that forgiving is one of the hardest things to do and I teared up when Tyler was talking about the mother who forgave the mother of the terrorist who killed her son. I watch the news often so I see and hear so many horrible things that happen and stories like the forgiving mother reassure me that there is much more good than bad in this world.

I enjoyed the beginning when they were talking about hot topics around the world. Their reactions to the Google Street View incident and Russia's similar incident were funny, especially Sam's, ha. China's hot topic made me think of whether I'd be able to help others, too. I remember after the Haitian earthquake happened, many people donated to help Haiti, but there were also frauds who made money off people's good will. I thought that was so inhumane and was shocked. I saw on the news that some of those frauds were caught and was happy to see that people on social media voiced everything that I thought and felt. China's hot topic reminded me of that.

It's good to see the new members fit in with the others. Sujan and Ilya are amazing and I hope that Blair will become more confident.